donderdag 3 januari 2013

Hagar


Hagar. The second wife of Abraham who was emitted when Sarah, the first wife,  finally became pregnant. Hagar and her little son Ismaël were banished in the desert.

This painting was my first work in oilpaint and I made it when I was 19 years old. In the meantime it survived lots of expositions but I still haven't sold it. Probably because I don't really want to part with it. Sometimes you get to attached to a painting and you just can't let go.

------

Hagar. De bijvrouw van Abraham die werd verstoten toen Abrahams hoofdvrouw Sarah uiteindelijk toch zwanger werd. Hagar en haar zoontje Ismaël werden de woestijn in gedreven.

Dit schilderij is mijn allereerst werk in olieverf. Ik was 19 jaar. In de tussentijd heeft het al heel wat exposities gezien, maar ik schroom nog steeds het te verkopen. Soms ben je als kunstenaar te gehecht aan je eigen werk.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten